Homework Packets will be available for pickup on Monday 3/30/20 between 9am - 4pm. Please pull through the circle drive at the elementary building and someone will hand it to you. You will not need to get out of your car.
Visit us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- 8:30 am - 3:40pm
To volunteer at WCA please fill out the volunteer background check here.
To Apply for free and reduced meals go to www.LunchApplication.com. Choose Texas College Prep Academies for the School. Student number is your child's SS#.
If you received an invoice for charges to the school cafeteria please click here to make a payment.When making payment you will select your student's district which is Texas College Preparatory Academies and use the Student ID number listed below.
ID # 482538816947
Parent Update from Mr. Cook (RES CEO)
I would like to take this opportunity to thank our teachers and campus administrators as they work diligently and rapidly to provide remote learning opportunities for children across our public school choice network. I would also like to thank you and your family for your ongoing support as we work to provide instruction despite the challenges presented by COVID-19.
All of our campuses have created, and many have implemented a plan to provide remote instruction. One example of excellence in ongoing instruction and learning came from PreK-4 teacher Patricia Solis at Edinburg Classical Academy. As you can see from the video she keeps students engaged using props and revisits the subjects students had trouble with in the past.
I would also like to take this opportunity to provide an update on things we have learned and actions that have been taken as a result of widespread school closures.
- STAAR/EOC Information - Governor Greg Abbott recently announced that he has waived the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) and End of Course (EOC) testing requirements for the 2019-2020 school year. Governor Abbott has made it clear that schools will continue providing quality instruction. The Texas Education Agency (TEA) recently offered expanded information which included the criteria schools should use when considering a student’s ability to be promoted to the next grade, in the absence of STAAR or EOC tests. According to TEA, the decision to allow a student to proceed to the next grade will be determined by the following:
- The recommendation of the student’s teacher,
- The student’s grade in each subject or course, and
- Any other necessary academic information as determined by the district.
Seniors who need to retest for the EOC as part of their graduation requirement will have an opportunity to prove course mastery. Your campus can provide more information about EOC retests if applicable. Additional information from the TEA regarding the cancellation of STAAR and EOC testing can be found on the TEA website here.
- Meal Information - As discussed in our most recent letter, if your family has an interest in additional meal service options during the closure, ResponsiveEd families can visit this website for locations that provide free school meal pick-up (breakfast and lunch). Check the website often as locations are added daily. Free meal service will continue throughout COVID-19 school closures. In addition to these general locations, many of our campuses are offering free meal service distribution and these announcements are being provided on your local campus Facebook pages.
- Campus Closure - At the moment all schools across the state are closed by order of the Governor’s office. Some communities have made the decision to close for a longer period, but all Texas schools are closed until at least April 3. As things change, we will update our school closure list, campus websites, campus Facebook pages, and continue to post information at ResponsiveEd.com/covid-19.
Once again I’d like to thank you for your ongoing partnership and I pray for the ongoing health and safety of your family.
Chief Executive Officer
The Woodlands Classical Academy